Pages

Blessings Be With You...














When I read this story my thoughts went immediately to what Jesus said, “Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and all these things shall be yours as well.” Matthew 6:33. I asked myself, "Is not Gods kingdom…Love?"

There are times when I have gotten so caught up in daily
struggles that I loose sight of the ring of gold, the ring of love. I remember when I first invited love into my home, my life... something began happening to me. It made Matthew 6:34 easier for me to live, “…do not be anxious about tomorrow…”

A Story to Live by...


A woman stepped out her door one day and saw three old men with long white beards sitting in her front yard. Not recognizing them but feeling compelled to be hospitable, she said, "I don't believe I know any of you, but you must be here for a reason. Please come in where it is far more comfortable and I'll fix you something to eat."

"Is the man of the house at home?" one of the men asked.

"No," she replied. "He's at work."

"Then we cannot come in," the speaker replied.

That evening when her husband arrived home, he could not help but notice the men still seated on the front lawn and as soon as he stepped in the house asked his wife who they were and what they were doing on his lawn.

When she relayed what they had told her, the husband, now filled with curiosity, peeked out the window for one quick look and then said, "How strange. Go tell them I'm home now and invite them in. I want to see what they're up to."

The wife stepped outside to invite the three men in. "We don't go into any house together," the speaker of the three replied.

Totally shocked by this newest revelation, she asked, "Well, why forever not?"

The spokesman for the three explained: "His name is Wealth," he said pointing to one of his friends, and then pointing to other added, "he is Success, and I am Love."

Then he added, "Please go back in and discuss with your husband who of the three of us you would most like to have in your home."

The woman went in and told her husband what was said. "How wonderful!" he exclaimed. "Since that's the case, let's invite Wealth. I can hardly wait for him to come in and fill our home with wealth!"

His wife disagreed. "But honey, wouldn't it be better for us to invite Success? You know you've always said you want to be successful in everything you do."

Before he could answer, the couple's young daughter who had been listening from another room then stepped in to offer her thoughts on the matter. "I think you should invite in Love. Just imagine living in a house that is always filled with love!"

"She's right, of course," the husband said. "We really must ask Love to be our guest."

And so the woman stepped outside and once more greeted the three men. "We've decided we most want Love to be our guest," she said.

Love rose at once and started toward the house. The other two immediately got up to follow him. Surprised, the lady stopped Wealth and Success: "I'm so sorry, but you must have misunderstood," she said politely. "We invited Love to come into our home."

Love stepped back to explain: "If you had invited Wealth or Success, the other two of us would've stayed out, because those who invite either one tend to serve only that one and nothing more. But wherever Love is invited in first, the other two know they, too, will be respected and treated well, and so have no qualms about joining me."

And so it was that Love, Wealth and Success were welcomed in the family's home and there they chose to stay.

Let us not forget Gods righteousness, we need to seek that as well... How can we not be blessed when we live the first commandment?

May God bless the road that rises before you...

Elizabeth