Pages

Gideon... "The Giddy Cat"


This has been a rainy, chilly week in the northern region of Minnesota... but as I always say, "What can I expect, I live in Minnesota!"

Gideon was in a playful mood this morning… dashing all around. I believe time forgot to tell her she is an older cat (14 years now)…for she is in denial and enjoys all the fruits of a younger version of herself. I just had to laugh at her good morning to me, she looked up at me from the end of my bed and all I could see were these marmalade ears and big green eyes. As if saying, “Look Mom…here I am!”

With this cooler weather the flowers should be full n’ beautiful. It’s showing in the lilac bushes that are just beginning to bloom… I can smell their sweet fragrance! Today would be a good day to cut a few branches and bring the fragrance into my home.

Please stop in again, I’m working on developing another web site devoted to my art. It may take awhile… but it is on the horizon.


"Now that lilacs are in bloom
She has a bowl of lilacs in her room
And twists one in her fingers while she talks.
"Ah, my friend, you do not know, you do not know
What life is, you should hold it in your hands";
(Slowly twisting the lilac stalks)
"You let it flow from you, you let it flow,
And youth is cruel, and has no remorse
And smiles at situations which it cannot see."
I smile, of course,
And go on drinking tea."
Excerpt from T.S. Elliot's "Portrait of a Lady"

God bless and enjoy this day as the gift it is,
Elizabeth