Pages

A page dedicated to the things I love...

"Won't you come into the garden? I would like my roses to see you." ~ Richard B Sheridan "1751-1816"

What a beautiful thought... please come visit me in my
garden of roses.
It is the perfect place to dream and share all that we wish to become. What more could we ask for when such beauty surrounds us?

"
A single rose can be my garden...a single friend, my world" - Leo Buscaglia.

I've started a new page in my life. Here I am in my 60's and still desiring to learn more. I'm teaching myself to use oil pastel and oil paints... and working with floral still life's. It's been a struggle though as flowers have always been a difficult subject for me to paint. But
I made up my mind to focus on what I love...cabbage roses and rambling roses.

My first piece is a simple arrangement of cabbage roses on a small 8 x 8 inch canvas board...I love working with this small scale. I'm finding that it's so much easier to correct my mistakes as I can put it aside and come back later... the oils stay moist and workable. I now have 3 different works in progress.


"I know a bank where the wild thyme blows, Where ox lips and the nodding violet grows Quite over canopied with luscious woodbine, With sweet musk-roses and with eglantine." - Shakespeare

May all that is good and pure come your way,
Elizabeth