Pages

Ruminations of Autumn...


We are entering into another beautiful season... Fall
I remember as a child, living up at the lake, I use to dread after Labor Day... all the summer people left to go back to their lives in the city. Oh, the days became lonely, even the lake took on a sense of forlorn. The trees lost their leaves... the green color left the earth. I missed the heartbeat of summer.
Over the years my thoughts and feelings have changed... I'm immersed in the now of the moment and find such beauty with the changing color of the seasons. I love hearing the sound of geese as they gather to fly south and find joy n' comfort in watching the squirrels hunt for their winter food. To get up early in the morning for a walk through the woods, only hearing the sounds of my foot steps through fallen leaves and an occasional scamper of some small animal through the bushes... then late in the afternoon watching the Giddy cat catch the last warm rays of an Indian Summer day.
As autumn draws near, I'm looking foward to those morning walks and the welcome sounds of the time...
Blessings be with you and all you hold close in your heart...
Elizabeth
When you stop into my CabbageRoses Gallery look for my latest designs made with "Autumn" in mind.