Pages

Mystery, Mystery n' More Mystery...


O' the lazy days of summer! Being a cozy mystery reader... I spend quite a bit of my free time between the pages of a good book. I like to start with an authors 1st book written in the series and read through to the present date. Just recently I found an author, Eleanor Taylor Bland who spins a mystery in a quite suburb of Chicago. The sleuth is a woman cop, Marti MacAlister, whose with the homicide department in Lincoln Prairie Illinois. She is a widow, has two children and copes with the stress of being a good detective and a single mother. What I enjoy is reading a mystery without all the grisly details of sex and blood... a good who-done-it where it's fun to see if I can unravel the whys and so forths before the
end of the book.

I'm also enjoying the classics of Charlie Chan n' Mr. Motto, both great mystery movies back in the 1920's -1950"s. Charlie Chan was the Chinese detective created by Earl Derr Biggers. There were 47 "Charlie Chan" movies made from 1925 to 1949 Over the length of this series, six different actors, none of whom were really Chinese, starred as Charlie Chan. Then Japanese detective Mr. Moto played by Peter Lorre was introduced in "Mr Motto meets Charlie Chan"...and I must not forget Mr. Wong played by Boris Karloff.
I've given up television... except to watch the "News Hour" on PBS a couple times a week. I'm so glad to be a member of Netflix, now I can enjoy these movies on DVD.





And Mr Motto takes a Vacation ~ Peter Lorre Video by dusamoja



I hope you are having a great summer... stop in again soon.

May the road of your journey be full of blessings,
Elizabeth