Pages

Chase Away the Winter Blues...


January n' February are great months for soups, especially where the snows fall n' the temps dip to zero n' way below. A good hearty soup or stew does the body wonders; for me it seeps into the very fibers of my being and I'm left with a sense of wellness .

Today I'm making a potato soup with veggies n' since I'm an intuitive cook I don't use a recipe and I usually make them from scratch such as peel the potatoes n' onion. I like cooking in a large, deep cast iron pot, where the soup simmers ... infusing iron, a good mineral for the body.





Now I'm not quite as old (coming close to it though) as Clara n' I love her videos. She is a 91 year old cook and great grandmother, Clara, recounts her childhood during the Great Depression as she prepares meals from the era. Learn how to make simple yet delicious dishes while listening to stories from the Depression.


Thank you Clara n' YouTube

Augustus Saint-Gaudens quotes...“Food is an important part of a balanced diet.”

Blessings,
Elizabeth